Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pretty Funny Sermon Intro...

Folks I know and trust have told me this was one of my funniest openers of any sermon I've ever given. Now, I'm not all about the funnies, but I do think that church should be a place to laugh. Joy isn't just a dishwashing detergent: it's a fruit of the Spirit, people.

Special thanks to Nick Swardson, a comedian whose insights into life with his grandmother started me thinking about all this stuff. And extra special thansk to Nicole's family, a cast of zany characters who inspired these stories. If you're having a bad day, I hope the first two tracks of this message make you laugh.

Track 01
Track 02

For the rest of the sermon, you can get that here.
Track 03
Track 04
Track 05
Track 06
Track 07
Track 08
Track 09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home