Saturday, January 05, 2008

OSU: Third Time in Six Years

In two days, my beloved Buckeyes are going to play for the national title for the second year in a row. I'm writing this post from behind enemy lines here in Michigan. But I think I'm reasonably safe. As every Big Ten fan knows, regardless of your school of choice, you root for the Big Ten during bowl season. Who cares if Purdue is playing Central Michigan in the Motor City Bowl - you root for the Boilermakers to beat those...Central Michigan-ites.

So now that Michigan won its bowl by upsetting Florida and Heisman-winner Tim Tebow, I could be safe.

At any rate, here is my bold prediction.
OSU: 13
LSU: 143
So there you have it - OSU will lose by more than a hundred point. I figure if I have low expectations, I won't be as disappointed, like I was last season. Just set the bar low, people.

But in all seriousness,, I've watched both teams play multiple time this season, and LSU is a monster. Ohio State is so over-matched that it's almost comical. LSU has a roster teeming with NFL *impact* players. They are athletically superior in both size and speed. All OSU has is a plucky strong running back, an adequate but efficient quarterback and a defense that bends, but usually doesn't break, led by a future first round draft pick cornerback.

This will not be a good or a close game.

Then again, I typed the exact same words in 2002...Krenzel=Boeckman. Clarett=Wells. Gamble=Jenkins. Tressel=Tressel. No, no, I will NOT get my hopes up.


Shown above, OSU tailback Chris "Beanie" Wells. Tieche boldly predicts that both of Wells' legs will fall off midway through the first quarter of Monday night's national title game.

2 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

I think you are going to be surprised. OSU has some serious motivation this year to not stink like last year. Plus, if you go by the logic that LSU barely beat Florida, who lost to Michigan, who lost to OSU, all by similar amounts, that could mean that OSU could give LSU a game.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Drew said...

I do agree with rooting for the Big Ten no matter what when it comes to the bowl games. And it pains me to root for Michigan and OSU, but I'm did for MI and am going to do it tonight for OSU.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home