Monday, May 01, 2006

Military Intelligence?

So you're going to think that I'm making this up, but my journalism students are doing a story on a number of Gunderson students who have joined the military in recent months. In doing so, they are doing interviews with recruiters from the various branches of the Armed Forces, who have a mild presence on the GHS campus.

So I'm reading through the list of quotes, and I see that one of the names of the Army Recruiters is:

Moron Ditzler

I turned to my students, "Steven. You're telling me that there is an Army recruiter whose legal name is Moron?"
Steven took out the guy's business card, complete with Army logo. He had it correct.

No wonder the guy went into the military.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Ziman said...

What kind of sick game were his parents playing when they came up with that night? Why not go ahead and call your kid "Idiot" or "Loser"?

Then again, considering the amount of teasing he undoubtedly endured in school, and the associated pent-up anger, he's probably not the kind of person you'd want to meet on the battlefield.

Moron. Wow. That's nuts. Poor guy.

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home