Friday, March 31, 2006

Oops.

Yesterday, I was trying to help out one of my all-time favorite students, Anna Harp.


Anna Harp (she's the one on the right). Anna is our school's star girl's basketball player. She got offered a full-ride to UC Davis to play basketball there. She's also in my AP English class. She's such an awesome person, I am seriously considering the name "Anna" if I ever have a daughter.

Anyway, all the students had their laptops reimaged this week, which means all their pictures and music stored on their computers was erased. So they had to back them up. Anna had an iPod with all her music, and I downloaded a great little app called iPodRip which rips the music off your iPod and puts it back onto your computer.

Problem was, in the reimaging process, the iTunes preferences were reset, so when I plugged her iPod in, it automatically updated her current library (which had nothing) and overwrote her old library (which had everything). So I accidentally erased all of Anna's songs.

I felt so awful. She said wasn't a big deal, but I could tell it kind of was.

So I've been scrambling to try to replicate her library from various students because I feel like a big jerk. You ever try to do something nice and have it end up totally backfiring on you? It sucks. It's like washing your neighbor's car to build a sense of community and the sponge has a small pebble on it.

*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home