Wednesday, October 18, 2006

He Leadeth Me to Green Pastures...err...Ballparks...

This news story is a big unnerving. Apparently, a company called Eternal Image is selling coffins and urns emblazoned with the logos of several major league baseball teams. The graphic below is an artist's rendering.



This is bizarre to me. I find it difficult to imagine a person who thinks to themselves, "When people look at my remains, first and foremost I want them to know that I was more fanatical about the Phillies than even the Philly Phanatic.

But that's not the most disturbing thing. The most distrubing thing is this paragraph from the news story:

    MLB has entered a licensing agreement with Eternal Image, which hopes to eventually make urns and caskets for all 30 teams. The company also hopes to have similar agreements with NASCAR, the NHL and the NFL, but baseball was the first to sign on.

A NASCAR coffin? Wow. It's like a sarcophagus for a redneck. I wonder what the sponsors would be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home