Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Notes, Quotes and Billy Goats...

Hey there, loyal readers who have found absolutely nothing up on my page for about two weeks. Sorry about that. I've been busier than a one-armed wallpaper hanger. Which, if you've ever hung wallpaper with one arm disabled - and who hasn't - you know how difficult that can be.

I THINK I PULLED SOMETHING
Speaking of one arm, I recently joined an exercise facility called 24-hour Fitness. It's been 6 months since Justus was born, and that's about the last time I saw a gym. So I'm going to attempt to get some fitness in there a couple of times a week. I met my buddy Russell there during my lunch hour yesterday. He made me lift and stuff. I hate him. I would punch him, but I can't lift my arms.

ENGAGEMENTS ABOUND
So I now personally know three couples who are engaged. And I'm pretty close friends with all of them, which is exciting, but also potentially expensive. Crate and Barrell isn't getting cheaper, people. Probably the craziest news is that my close friend Ryan asked me to not only be in his wedding, but to officiate it. I can't really tell you what it feels like to have a close friend say, "Hey man, will you perform my wedding." I'm going to have to check with the church to make sure I'm legally able to marry people. I'm pretty sure I am, because the church gave me a piece of paper with a gold seal-thingy on it. I think that makes it official. Unless there's a test. I didn't take a test. Maybe it's like getting your driver's license and there's a multiple choice exam.

Which of the following is a not a phrase included in traditional wedding vows:
a: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today...
b: What God has joined together, let no man tear asunder...
c: You may now kiss the bride...
d: If any man knows any reason why these two should not be joined, I mean, besides the obvious ones...


SIX TIMES IN SIX DAYS
Wednesday begins my trek of speaking six times in six days. Pastor Bill is out of town, on a Meditterean Cruise for his 30th wedding anniversary so I'm on the main stage this weekend. Pretty exciting. I'm preaching on Fear of Failure. Which is tough for me to speak on, since in my life I've only met unmitigated success. But lots of people I know are failures, and they're kind enough to lend me their stories. I'm also preaching tomorrow for First Wednesday, and Take2 has an Open-Mic Night Saturday night and a Worship night on Sunday. So this weekend will not be restful, but it will be fulfilling.

M-I-S-S You Much
I am in the mode of keeping track of Ohio State football recently, which makes me miss my old best buddy from high school, Eric. He and I used to watch the games on Saturday afternoons. I often watch the games alone and wish he were around to invite over. He would like my HDTV wide screen TV. I would even break out a box of Cheez-its for him. I also miss my pal Jonathan - who moved to Chicago to got to seminary - something fierce too. He and his wife added a dynamic to my wife and I's marriage that was life-giving and exceptionally healthy. Replacing that is like when the body shop has to repaint a part of your car. The color might be close, but it just isn't the same.


SCHOOL IS PISSING ME OFF
One thing I hate about my dual-job situation is when my school makes me do things like extra-trainings after school, or staff meetings at 2:45. My department head is very forceful and driven, and has this way of making you feel guilty when you don't do what she asks. You know what: I don't want to stay late to discuss what the 10th grade teachers are doing, in terms of common assessments. If that makes me "not a team player" then okay. I'm not a team player. I have two teams. And they're competing in the Playoffs for the trophy of Tieche's Time. There can only be one winner, and let me tell you, lady, it's not going to be after school meetings to discuss cross-department essay rubrics. I have better things to do.

NEW EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
I went to Lacie.com and got a killer deal on a 250 GB external hard-drive. I got a refurbished one for only 99 bucks. That's like less than $.50 a GB. That's killer. Now I have more than enough room to store my vast iTunes collection of music. Thank goodness, because I was almost forced to go in and delete the less popular B-side tracks for Tiffany and Richard Marx and Bell Biv Devoe.

That.

Tha-that.

Tha-that girl's dope. (mmm-hmm)


That's all for now. Gotta jet.

1 Comments:

Blogger BenandJess said...

P-Bill is in OUR neighborhood! And he didn't even bother to call us?! Dissed!

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home