Friday, October 20, 2006

Tieche House Burgled, Car Stolen...

So, I'm not sure how wise this is to post publically, but last night at midnight, someone broke into my 1990 Honda Accord. They then used the garage-door opener to gain access to my garage, where they took a lot of things, including all my power tools (including some my friends had loaned me recently for some work I was doing on the house), my stereo, the iPod I left in Nicole's Camry.

They then used a screwdriver in the ignition to start my car and steal it, so when I woke up this morning, my Honda was gone.

Everything is okay, except that Nicole and I are a little shaken up about the idea that we were sleeping like 9 feet away while all this was happening. Nicole and I are both pretty rattled. I keep thinking about what if I had woken up and heard the garage door go up. What if I would have caught these guys in the act. What if they had guns...

Anyway, I don't want to make a big deal of it. I mean, after all, it's just stuff, and I don't really care about it. It's just stuff. What weirds me out is the fact that we were home sleeping. I go from pissed off to kind of afraid.

Two weird things: The police found my car. It's fine, except the stereo is gone. It also appears the theives might have fixed the squeaky belts in order to make a getaway, which would be weird.

In another weird note, the thieves cleaned out an entire bookcase of Nicole's PartyLite stuff. Whole boxes of candles, three-wicks, the Viking Hearthside Candle holder. It was all free to Nicole, which is cool, but how weird. Have you ever heard of Candle thieves? Maybe they were home decorators. I can see it now:

"Jim, are those mulberry and fig tealights?"

How bizzare. Maybe they thought they'd make great Christmas gift ideas. Which they would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home