Monday, April 18, 2005

Some Good Quotes

Okay, enough complaining. My previous post was a bit pessimistic, which is unlike the Tiecheman. Normally, when life throws me lemons, I peel them and make a nice potpourri. But the following are some quotes I came across recently that are pretty darn thought-provoking. Add to the list with ones you like.

"I think, therefore I am."
- Rene Descartes

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they've hit a triple."
- Barry Switzer, former coach of the Oklahoma Sooners and the Dallas Cowboys.

"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for."
- John A. Shedd

"A husband is like a fire. They go out if they're unattended."
- Zsa Zsa Gabor

"There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest."
       - Elie Wiesel

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."
- Sir Winston Churchill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home