Friday, July 08, 2005

Netflix vs. Blockbuster Online vs. Branham Video

So, as you know, there are a myriad of deals out there for mail-in DVD rental companies.

The idea is: choose your video, they send it to you, you send it back.

So my question is if anybody out there is currently a subscriber to Blockbuster Online or Netflix. Is one better than the other? There rates and conditions are identical, it seems. Is this a good move?

Here's my situation.

1. I already rent, probably 2-3 movies a month, each one tending to be $3.00.

2. I have a tendency to return them late, which is annoying to me. And really annoying to my wife.

3. I don't want to start watching more movies than I already do.

4. There's this Kiosk thing in Safeway that rents DVDs (like an ATM) where I have rented DVDs for $1.50. That's pretty cheap. But you have to return them within 24 hours. And their selection is very limited: mainly only the newest releases. And sometimes they're out of the popular ones.

Anybody out there with experience want to chime in. I'm seeking the counsel of the saints on this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

Dave let me do my best to give you some reasons why I like Netflix:
I don’t have to worry about late fees.
I never have to worry about if the movie is there or not.
I just have a list of movies and I get them 1 or 3 at a time.
The turn around time is pretty fast.
It lets me rate movies and then it makes suggestions of movies I might like.
I don’t really worry the new releases because it is always sending me something


I did not rent movies that often but I often had late fees but now since Rebecca and I don’t have cable and because Netflix is so easy I watch about 5 movies a week and that really is all the TV time I give my self.

Plus I think Netflix as a pretty good list of movies I mean I just got done watching the first season of 24 and the entire ROBOTECH SAGA plus all the new stuff you expect to see.

You could set it up where you are only getting one movie at a time and pay less than what I pay.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger David Tieche said...

Russell,

Thanks a ton for the advice. Good to know. Sounds like your video viewing habits are very similiar to mine.

You seriously get 5 movies at a time? Man. That's a lot of movies. I didn't know that was an option.

9:58 PM

 
Blogger Russell said...

No 3 at a time but it works out to be about 5 a week.

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home