Sunday, August 14, 2005

Rocks Are Gone, Soreness Isn't...

My father-in-law and I moved that pile of rocks in my backyard.

Here's the coolest part: I saved $150 to have someone remove it. My buddy and co-worker Tony had recently been doing some yardwork on his house and had a trailer delivered to his house to get rid of the rocks. Since it was only about 3/4 full, he let me put my pile in there for free, which was really helpful.

It took 8 pick-up truck loads, each one consisting of 7 wheelbarrows full of hunks of concrete, representing about 3 tons of debris, all of which we moved by hand, but it's done.

So now, my backyard looks like this:



I was thinking about how much work that was and we only moved two cubic yards of concrete. To give you an idea, the World Trade Center had 400,000 cubic yards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home